The black P170 from AKG is a small-diaphragm condenser microphone with a cardioid pattern designed to capture the sound of various acoustic and amplified instruments in project studios, home recordings and live situations. Offered as a cost-effective alternative to the classic AKG C451 B, this microphone is well suited for capturing guitars & strings, drums, hi-hats and percussion among others.
The lightweight 0.5" gold-sputtered diaphragm delivers a clear sound with fast transients, and is capable of handling sound-pressure levels up to 155 dB without introducing perceptible distortion. A switchable 20 dB pad enables distortion-free recording of very loud sound sources often associated with proximity miking.
The all-metal body improves rejection of RF interference so you can use the microphone near transmitter stations and along with wireless microphones. The P170 is built to resist high temperatures and humidity. The rugged body and sturdy front grille protect it from the rigors of day-to-day use.
- Gold-sputtered small-diaphragm prevents shorting to the back electrode at high sound-pressure levels
- Capable of handling sound-pressure levels up to 155 dB with no apparent distortion
- Switchable 20 dB pad for distortion-free close-miking
- All-metal body for rejection of RF interference
- Sturdy front grille protects microphone from tough handling
- Built to resist high temperatures and humidity
AKG P170 Specs
|Diaphragm||0.5" / 12.70 mm|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||135 dB SPL|
|Load Impedance||1000 Ohms|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||75 dB A-Weighted|
|Equivalent Noise Level||19 dB A-Weighted|
|Operating Voltage||48 V|
|Operating Current Consumption||3.0 mA|
|Operating Temperature||22 to 92°F / -10 to 60°C|
|Dimensions||ø: 0.87 x L: 6.3" / ø: 22 x L: 160 mm|
|Weight||4.59 oz / 130 g|